Gamification has been considered a great way to instill that enthusiasm and spirit. The idea of injecting a gaming approach into the learning process has been appreciated for a few years now. That’s why the gamification market as a whole is predicted to grow from USD 9.1 billion in 2020 to USD 30.7 billion by 2025, according to 2020 research by MarketsandMarkets.
Why is gamification an idea worth exploring?
An efficient and well-gamified training program has proven to drive higher completion rates and an increase in recall and retention value. In a world of animation & high-definition graphics, traditional ways of training have the potential to bore a learner. As training programs take the shape of games, they create an engaging space for learning with continuous practice, leaving little-to-no room for distraction or boredom. Gamification is an interesting feature to keep employees engaged & motivated to continue skilling themselves.
How gamification evokes a sense of enthusiasm in corporate training
- Storytelling: The idea of storytelling takes engagement to the next level because it has the power to grab attention immediately. One strong element of gamification is storytelling. While it weaves a sense of familiarity, the virtual experience it gives boosts the learning process.
- Challenging levels: Levels define the stage you are at. In fact, they are an indicator of how far you are from victory. In corporate training, levels entail different chapters. When you complete one chapter, you move to a different one. But what distinguishes the idea of levels through gaming is that they generate the want to complete the game and earn the badge as early as possible.
- Badges: Introducing badges in training is yet another wise idea to grab the attention of passive trainees. Not only do they motivate them to complete another level and attain another badge, but the name under the badge helps them share with peers as a sign of their latest achievement.
- Leaderboards: They are again another crucial element in the workplace that entertain friendly competition. Not to mention, a competitive environment sometimes helps perform better. And gamification in training always ensures that.
- Immediate assessment: The best part about adding gamification into the training program is that the person taking up the training immediately gets evaluated on the basis of their performance. They often get the results as soon as they finish a particular level, letting them know where they went wrong.
How gamification can be implemented to train employees
Gamification has multiple use cases when it comes to training employees. While some training programs help employees understand their weaknesses, some gift them points and badges to boost their performance. For instance, a way to increase employee enthusiasm is by introducing a personalized touch by enabling them to create their own profile along with an avatar. Additionally, adding 3D effects and VR videos enhances the process of learning.